St. Brigid Irish Blessing
This St. Brigid cross wall plaque comes is accompanied with the Irish phrase meaning 'blessings on this house'. There are many folk traditions associated with St Brigid, which are still celebrated in rural Ireland. Brigid is the most important of Ireland’s female saints. She is the patron of healers and midwives. Her life and work in the 6th century leaves a legacy that we Irish celebrate to this day. The tradition of weaving her cross from reeds for 1st February, to celebrate the arrival of Spring, continues to this day in Ireland.
- View this video for more information.
- Dimensions: 7 x 4 inches (17 x 10cm)
- Comes in presentation gift box
- Made in Ireland by Wild Goose
- A beautiful Irish blessing
- Made from bronze